Hong Kong is situated on China’s south coast and is bounded by the Pearl River Delta and South China Sea. This city is known for its impressive skyline and a big natural harbour. Tourists throng to this city for the various holiday options it offers. There are many awe-inspiring man-made attractions and creations, and a visit to this city leaves an impression forever. Hotels in Hong Kong range from high-end international chains to boutique and budget hotels, catering to every traveller’s need.
Some major tourist attractions in Hong Kong are as follows:
1. Aberdeen is a big satellite town in Hong Kong with an old worldly charm about it. There is lively water’s edge harbour resort with features like floating restaurants like the Jumbo Floating restaurant shaped like an ancient Chinese palace and Tai Bak Seafood boat serving delicious seafood and Chinese cuisine. It is one of the oldest and most popular attractions for tourists. This place also functions as a fishing port. Aberdeen harbour is amid Aberdeen town and Ap Lei Chau in the southern district of Hong Kong.
2. Causeway Bay is a major shopping hub that is home to an assortment of boutiques, high-end stores, Japanese modelled shopping centres and malls. There are a lot of electronics and camera stores here. Famed shopping places like the Windsor House and Times Square, modelled on the same theme as Times Square of New York, are here. Other attractions are the Fashion Island, World Trade Centre, Sogo, and Causeway Bay Plaza etc.
3. Noon-day Gun is a naval gun placed near the Causeway Bay. As a tradition, the gun is fired everyday at noon and people gather to witness it.
4. Disneyland here is different from other Disneyland parks around the world as it is set against a natural milieu of mountains and scenery. The theme park has attractions like the Fantasyland which houses the Sleeping Beauty castle, Cinderella Carousel, Fantasy Gardens etc. Tomorrowland houses innovative futuristic attractions; Adventureland has Jungle cruises, Tarzan’s Tree-house and island.
5. Lantau Island is an island located at the origin of the Pearl River and has been developed into a major tourist spot. Tourist places like Disneyland, Po Lin Monastery, Tung Chung Fort and Tai O are located here.
6. Po Lin Monastery, which means ‘Precious Lotus’, is one of the most well-known Buddhist monasteries in Hong Kong. There is a 111 feet tall copper statue of Buddha here and this statue is the tallest outdoor Buddha statue in the world. The idol is made in a seated, meditating posture.
7. Tung Chung Fort is a historical shrine built in 1817 with the aim to defend the coast from pirates and the opium traffickers. The fort contains some old cannons and the building is made out of granite. The ruins of the Tung Chung Battery are here.
8. Ocean Park, the largest oceanarium in the world is in Hong Kong. The Park is nestled in about 170 acres of land. A cable car connects the different segments of the Park. The Ocean Theatre and Wave Cove here is home to sea inhabitants like dolphins, whales, penguins, seals, etc. The Atoll Reef is the largest aquarium in the world. Also there is Film Fantasia which is a state-of-the-art theatre loaded with special effects, sounds and lights. There are many other attractions for children also.
9. Victoria Harbour and Victoria Peak, one of the popular sightseeing places in Hong Kong, is bordered by imposing skylines. Lot of public shows and events take place here. The Tower on the Victoria Peak is one of the best places to take in the stunning view of the city. People ride in the Star Ferry to view the harbour. During the Lunar New Year, the ‘Symphony of lights’ show is held here. The Victoria Peak provides an incredible view of Hong Kong city and Kowloon and attracts about 6 million tourists every year. The attractions here are the Peak tram, the Peak Tower offering the great view of the city, a ‘Ripley’s Believe It or Not!’ centre, Madame Tussaud’s Wax museum, shopping area, a bird park, eateries etc.
10. Tai O is a centuries old fishing town known for its stilt houses, waterways and fishing boats.
Hong Kong is also home to some old, beautiful temples. Some of those are Chi Lin Nunnery / Nan Lian Garden, Sha Tin Che Kung Temple, Hung Shing Temple at Kau Sai Chau, Sai Kung, Lo Pan temple, and Che Kung Temple at Ho Chung. It is therefore quite evident that Hong Kong is a tourist’s delight with so many sites to see and experience. Hong Kong hotels provide attractive packages which enables tourists to have a holiday experience like no other.
For more information about hotels in Hong Kong and Online Booking Services,Please visit our website for booking hotels in -Hong Kong www.wego.com