New York City is home to some of the most famous destinations and attractions in the world. From museums and art galleries to shopping and sightseeing, this city has an inexhaustible variety to offer. Based on this, hotels in New York City provide accommodation with an overview of famous structures and landscapes, as well as close proximity to the frequently visit spots. Some of the must-see places are:
1. Empire State Building provides a panoramic and grand view of the instantly recognizable New York City skyline. A ride to the 86th floor, of about 1,050 feet, leads to the observation deck. Being New York City’s tallest structure, it provides an all round, 360 degree, unobstructed view of the city below.
2. Times Square is a must-see while in New York. This location provides opportunities to shop at multiple leading stores, experience the world famous Broadway shows, visit Madame Tussaud’s or engage in tasting a variety of culinary delights and witness the ball drop during New Year’s Eve.
3. Central Park is located in the heart of Manhattan, extends to about 843 acres, and it is one of the most famous public parks. It is completely equipped for a day outdoors with the Wolman rink and Central Park Zoo. The Great Lawn offers a sprawling expanse where people can relax and enjoy the outdoors. It also hosts orchestra shows and plays during specific seasons.
4. The Metropolitan Museum of Art is a home to about 2 million historical works of art from all over the world. The iconic Metropolitan Museum of Art is definitely worth a visit.
5. Statue of Liberty is listed by the UNO as a world heritage site, it is New York City’s most recognizable historic landmark. The pass to the Statue of Liberty also grants access to the Ellis Island Immigration Museum, which highlights the arrival of the first few immigrants and their lives.
6. Flushing Meadows – Corona Park is the city’s third largest park and well known for the US Open, it contains other attractions such as the Queen’s Zoo, the New York Hall of Science, Queen’s Theatre in the Park and hosts the annual Hong Kong Dragon boat festival in August.
7. Bronx Zoo is the largest wildlife preserve in the United States and houses more than 4,500 animals. Penguin feeding and safaris are also among the many activities offered here.
8. Brooklyn Bridge was opened for use in 1883, is a representative of New York’s history and is also a famous structure featured in numerous movies and shows.
9. Staten Island Ferry is a free of charge, 25 minutes ferry ride. The Staten Island Ferry takes visitors from lower Manhattan to Staten Island and provides a view of the New York Harbour and Manhattan skyline.
10. Rockefeller Centre is located in mid-town Manhattan, known for its ‘Top of the Rock’ Observation Deck, Radio City Music Hall and multiple shopping and dining outlets.
With so many amazing sites to visit, a trip to New York is every tourist’s dream and the hotels in New York offer attractive packages which allow visitors to visit as many places as possible during a short visit.