J-pillow Travel Pillow – Head, Chin and Neck Support
- #1 SELLING TRAVEL PILLOW on amazon in the U.K, GERMANY & JAPAN with over 10,000 genuine product reviews worldwide on Amazon ( please note, we have NEVER offered free or discounted products in exchange for an “honest and unbiased” review)
- WINNER OF THE BRITISH INVENTION OF THE YEAR 2013 and patented/pending worldwide
- * A “MUST HAVE” FOR TRAVEL – this pillow actually helps you get some sleep on cramped planes, trains, buses or cars. Also perfect for relaxing at home, whether on the couch or reading in bed. Great for sleeping upright in bed too. Please note that our pillow is especially effective when used in the window seat of a plane and less so when used in the middle or aisle seats.
- EASY TO CARRY – use the handy snap-loop fastener to attach to hand luggage. The pillow can also be squeezed down to be more compact than most “U” shaped pillows.
- ULTRA HYGENIC – The whole pillow can be washed, not just the cover. Just pop the whole pillow in the washing machine on a warm wash and your pillow will come out as new! Choose your support – Tumble dry on low heat for softer support or air dry for firmer support.
The SUN (best selling newspaper in the UK) “it’s simple, it’s brilliant, and it works!” The INDEPENDENT “this comfy pillow….provides support for the neck and chin, as well as cushioning for the side and back of the head.” USA TODAY “The curvy part of the “J” curls under your chin, cradling and supporting your neck and chin, preventing you from snapping awake” DAILY MAIL “A product that would make those red-eye flights more comfortable” VIRGIN ATLANTIC “With the J-Pillow , your chin, n
List Price: $ 60.00
Perfect for window seats!,
Not as good when you have the isle seat though, because it doesn’t keep your head from dropping when you sleep. Then you’ll wake up several times and end up with a sore neck.
I think maybe if you use it around your neck with the wings folded for more support (like I show on the third picture) it may be better.
You will have no problem if you plan on traveling in the back seat of a car or the window seat of a plane. You will love this pillow.
I recommend it.
Was this review helpful to you?
Wouldn’t use this on an airplane, but love for home use.,
Not so awesome for upright sleeping and here’s why:
– Does not provide enough support: Ideally it should rest on your shoulder, but it needs some kind of friction from the seat behind you to keep your head upright.
– Can only support you one way: Let’s say you get it supportive. You are on a long haul international and you want to move your head. You need to wake up and adjust. And if you want to lean your head the other side, you need to completely pick up and move the J-Pillow to the other side of your head/shoulder
It’s just not ideal for full on airplane sleeping. Check out Cabeau (worn backwards), Komfort Kollar (not ideal as it still pushes my head forward and therefore my chin drops forward, or my new favorite, but bulky and annoying when not using it- Kuhi Comfort Pillow, my current international travel friend. The Kuhi is supportive even if I tip my head to the left or right. It’s surprisingly adjustable for size and support. And it doesn’t have anything but a strip of fabric behind my head forcing my head and neck forward. So my head can rest against the seat headrest but have support on either side of my head for good sleeping. (All available on Amazon.)
But the J Pillow is great for at home. If you are just plain wiped out and you want to chill on your couch or in an easy chair and watch TV, it’s awesome. It provides enough support for when you are awake and it’s snuggly. Also if you were to lie down on your couch on your side it’s really comfy. I recently had a nasty virus that had me down for the count for 3 whole weeks and my J Pillow was there to comfort me on the couch. It’s fabulous for lounging. And I would imagine it would be good for light dozing in a car or plane. But for actual quality, several hour sleep sitting upright, no.
If you like to chill on your couch, J is your friend!
Was this review helpful to you?